Kashan City is one of the cities of Isfahan Province, which is of great importance due to various tourist attractions of Kashan. Every year many people travel to this city to visit the attractions and sights of ancient Iran. Its location is on the edge of the Dasht-e Kavir. This delightful oasis city attracts many people. It is one of Iran’s most alluring destinations. It boasts a cluster of architectural wonders, an atmospheric covered bazaar and a UNESCO’s recognized garden and offers some of central Iran’s best traditional hotels of Kashan. Kashan city hosts one of the most famous Iranian celebrations called Golab giri (extraction of rose water from rose flower), which has many fans. It became famous for its cottage industries such as textiles, pottery and tiles, and it has high levels of accomplishment in each of these.
Kashan bus map is pretty modern and convenient . Most tourist destinations are located near bus stations.
Unfortunately, you would not be able to find a Kashan metro map because due to the city’s small size, the government has not found it necessary to equip the city with a metro network. Traffic is not much of a problem in Kashan, and since the distances you need to travel are not long, you can easily get to your destination on a bus or taking a taxi.
Like all other cities in Iran, many kinds of taxi services can be easily found in Kashan. You can either go to one of the taxi stations throughout the city, or call for a taxi from anywhere you are. Many taxi services are available 24/7.
You can easily grab a taxi using a taxi app in Kashan. Many such apps exist, and no matter which one you choose, you will get a fast service at an affordable price.
read more here.
• Kashan carpet is the most famous carpet in Iran and is on the UNESCO world heritage list.70% of Iranian carpets are produced in Kashan. These carpets are so delicate in texture and include very detailed patterns.
• Kilims are rugs that they make out of wool and are people weave them on a special hangers. Jajim is also a mat like a kilim but has no fur. Kilim and Jajim are very colorful and have decorative designs and their price is much less than a carpet.
• Pottery; Souvenirs Dating Back to Ancient CivilizationThe first pottery wheel in the world was found 4,500 years ago in Kashan and pottery in Kashan is more than 7,000 years old. This long history is enough for pottery to belong to Kashan more than anywhere else, not just as a souvenir but part of its identity.
• Shar Bafi is the art of making handmade fabric woven from silk in Kashan, including eye-catching colors and are simple or stripped. Shar Bafi in Kashan is a 350 years old art. Several people in Kashan still use their Shar Bafi workshops in some corners of the city.
• Giveh, a type of very sturdy traditional Footwears as Souvenirs
• Coppersmith; Souvenirs of Kashan Artists.Do not forget to visit the coppersmith’s market.
• Sweet of “Baklava” is a delicious sweet that can be found in many cities in Iran. In each city has a different taste and aroma in Baklava . Kashan baklava is more diverse than other cities, filled with all types of nuts like walnut, almonds, hazelnuts, pistachios, and cashews kernels.
• Rosewater is one of the most special souvenirs of Kashan. You may have heard the name of a tradition called “Golabgiri” (making Rosewater) in Kashan. This ceremony starts from mid-May to mid-June in the two villages of Qamsar and Niasa.
• Kashan cookies are made of Wholemeal flour, sugar, vegetable or animal oil, cardamom, saffron, and pistachio kernels for decoration.
• Pashmak (Cotton Candy), Decorating Eid Tables
• Haji Badami of Kashan is slightly different due to the use of pure rosewater in it and cooking traditionally. This sweet is very popular because of its low sweetness and there is always a bowl of Haji Badami next to the tea tray in every house in Kashan.
Dishes of Kashan include:
• Khoresht Nokhod Alleh ( Traditional Stew fro Kashan) Pea, Meat, Onion, Tomato, Tomato Sauce, Saffron, Lemon, Oil, Turmeric, Water, Rosewater, Cinnamon, Salt and Pepper.
• Kateh Moatar (Sort of Rice from Kashan) Kateh Moatar ingredients consist of white bean, rice, meat, salt and pepper, onion, turmeric, potato, oil, cinnamon and bayberry.
• Tas Kebab Jujui Tas Kebab Ingredients; Meat, Onion, Eggplant, Pomegranate sauce, Salt, pepper and turmeric.
Climate of Kashan City
Temperature feel very nice most of the time in year, but hot in summer and cold in winter. The city has low chance of rain or snow throughout the year. It also has some comfortably humid months, with some very dry months. In fact, the city is considered to have a desert and humid climate. The hottest months are July, August, and then June. The best times to visit the city for ideal weather are March 5th to May 13th, or September 17th to November 11th.
Read more on : what is the best time to visit Iran?
Handicrafts and souvenirs of Kashan
Kashan City is very famous for its rose water and carpet. You can buy them as a souvenir in the Bazaar. The most important handicraft of this city is carpets and its name inscribed on the UNESCO’s Intangible Heritage List. In addition Saffron, Pashmak, Baklava (is a kind of sweet that is made of sugar, rosewater, almond, pistachio and walnut.), Sohan, Ardeh shireh, Haji Badami and Kolooche Kashan (made of bran flour, sugar, oil, saffron, pistachio and cardamom) are other souvenirs of the city.
Kashan Traditional food
One of the ways to create memorable moments while traveling is to taste traditional food. In this city, you can go to the delicious cuisine of this city and give a fresh taste to your journey. Moaatar Kateh, Chelow dizi, Koofteh rizeh Kashani, Jujui Taas kebab, Khoresht Nokhod Alleh and Eshkeneh are among local and traditional food of the city.
Read more on Persian food
- Fin Garden : Fin Garden is a historical Persian Garden . It includes Kashan Fin Bath where Nasereddin Shah, the king of the time assassinated Amirkabir there. Amir Kabir was his counsellor. Fin Garden is the most ancient extant garden in Iran.
- Ameri House : Ameri House is one of the popular attractions of Kashan. Iranian architects built it in the 19th century. The house is an outstanding reflection of the lifestyle of Kashan rich families. Ameri House shows all the typical features of Persian architecture and is a must-see while visiting Kashan.
- Boroujerdi House : Boroujerdi House is a historic house museum that the wealthy family of Boroujerdi built it.
- Agha Bozorg Mosque : Agha Bozorg Mosque is a historical mosque that Ustad Haj Sa’ban-ali built it. Its location is in center of Kashan.
- Sultan Amir Ahmad Bathhouse : People know it as Qasemi Bathhouse. It is a traditional public bath.
- Maranjab Desert : Maranjab’s location is in Aran and Bidgol, a northern city of Kashan and It is one of the most outstanding desert areas in Iran.
- Abbasian House : Abbasian house is a large historical house museum which architects built it in late 18th century.
- Underground City of NushAbad : Nush Abad’s location is in 5 kilometers north of Kashan.
Most of visitors combine their Kashan visiting Kashan attractions with Isfahan. In another words, they visit Kashan on their way from Tehran t Isfahan, but Kashan worth at least one-day stay. In this regard, you had better reserve you Kashan hotels. If you are already in Isfahan and you decide to visit Kashan city, we can arrange Kashan tours for you based on your desire.
2021 Comprehensive practical information about places to visit in Iran, what to see and do