General information about Iran visa
The visa requirements for entry into Iran differ depending on the passport that you hold as any other countries. Citizens of many countries are eligible for a visa on arrival for up to 30 days. All visa applicants must be ‘approved’ by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (MFA) in Tehran. If you are approved, the MFA sends an authorization number to the consulate.
If you want to travel to Iran for tourism and general purposes you will need a tourist visa. There are two types of tourist visa for Iran:
- Standard Tourist Visa: This visa has been issued before your travel date and you will receive it at one of Iran’s embassies, Iranian consulates or mailed before your planned departure. Good for those who like to plan and make sure everything is right before boarding the plane. In fact, Tourist visa must be obtained before coming to Iran and valid to enter for 90 days from the issue date. It is Issued for up to 30 days and is extendable.
- Iran Visa On Arrival (VOA) or Iran airport visa: You will apply for this visa and receive it upon arrival. The scope and purpose of the visa are to give a number of nationalities for obtaining visas at the main entrance gateways of Iran such as Tehran, Isfahan, Shiraz, Tabriz, Kish and Mashhad airport, and recently in the southern ports of Iran in the Persian Gulf. Fees vary depending on your country of origin. It is issued for 30 days on arrival at any Iranian international airport.
Important note to get Iran visa
You should consider some basic information before applying for Iran visa in order to travel to Iran carefree. In this way there is no need to spend your time surfing on the net and finding solutions. By reading this tutorial, you will understand whatever you need to do before entering to Iran. We highly recommend you to apply for visa before your arrival and read about what you need base on your nationality.
Things that you should know before applying for Iran visa:
Iran visa is easy to achieve. There are just few things you should consider before applying. Persons who may have dual nationality should announce their nationality based on the travel documents/passport that they wish to carry.
- In case nationality printed on visa incompatible with nationality printed on passport, visa will be null and invalid.
- An applicant may not granted visa unless his/her passport is valid for at least six months.
- Most likely, you can’t enter Iran on a free visa because only 8 countries are eligible for that. These lucky countries are:Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bolivia, Georgia, Malaysia, Syria, Turkey, Venezuela
visa on arrival(VOA)
Except for citizens of:
Canada, UK, US, Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Canada, Colombia, Iraq, Jordan, Nepal, Pakistan, Somalia and Sri Lanka
Everybody can get an Iran visa on arrival at several international airports in Iran.
Important! Of course, citizens of Israel can’t enter Iran.
What if my Iran visa is rejected?
If you prepare documents as what we mention later and do not have a political background against Iran, your visa will be issued easily. In some cases, it happened that Foreign affair ministry rejects some applications due to security issues. If you think that the rejection is not fair you can apply again for your Iran visa through Chiyakotravel to make sure your visa does not stuck or reject without persuasive reason.