About Koofteh Sabzi Shirazi
Meatballs or Koofteh in Persian cuisine has a special stance among Iranian people. Each city in Iran has its own Koofteh and they differ in terms of the way of cooking and the ingredients. Today, we are going to introduce Shirazi Koofteh which is extremely pleasant and it is a must to taste.
Ingredients for Koofteh Sabzi Shirazi
- Minced meat: 150 g
- Cocoon: One cup
- Rice: 300 g
- Chopped walnuts: 5 tbsp
- Fried onions: 4 to 5 tablespoons
- Fried raisins: 5 tbsp
- Vegetables included (coriander, parsley, tarragon, savory and dill): as much vegetable broth as needed
- Salt, pepper, turmeric and water: as needed
How to prepare Koofteh Sabzi Shirazi:
Wash the split peas and rice separately and soak in water for 4-5 hours.
Wash the vegetables and put them in a basket to get the juice. Then chop it finely.
Then mix the split peas, rice and chopped vegetables with the minced meat and pour into the blender until it will be well blended.
Add some salt, pepper and turmeric to the mixed ingredients and knead well until the meatballs are sticky.
Peel a squash, grate it and squeeze the juice. Then add some fried onions, raisins and walnuts to the meatballs and roll the meatballs into balls. In such a way that the material between them is not known at all.
In the distance between making the meatballs, put a pot on the heat and pour about 2 liters of water into it to boil.
Put some fried onions with chopped vegetables and a little salt and pepper in boiling water and then put the meatballs in it. Do not close the pot, because it will open the meatballs.
Keep the heat high so that the water does not boil and at the end of the steamed water, a very small amount remains.
Put the cooked meatballs in the desired dish and pour the remaining water in the pot as a sauce on the meatballs.
Additional tips about Koofteh Sabzi Shirazi
- Koofteh Sabzi Shirazi are among the jam and meatballs
- Preparation time of raw materials and supplies is about 30 minutes
- And the cooking time and waiting time is about 1 hour.
- You can serve Shirazi vegetable dumplings for lunch, dinner.
- It can also be eaten during Ramadan as Sahar – Iftar.
- Note that the amount of raw materials and preparation order is suitable for 6 people.