Adas Polo is one of the popular Iranian dishes that is cooked in different ways. This delicious food, in addition to being a home-cooked meal, is also served as a votive offering in religious ceremonies.
It has a special place among Persian food because it is served with various delicious side dishes and can be garnished in different ways for parties. For example, lentils can be prepared with saffron and stir-fried meat and garnished with raisins and sliced pistachios. The recipe that you read below is the recipe for preparing traditional Adas Polo with minced meat.
Adas Polo Recipe
The amount of ingredients in this recipe is suitable for 4 people.
3 cups rice
1 cup lentils
200 grams of minced meat
1 cup raisins
2 medium onions
1 tablespoon saffron
1 tablespoon butter
Liquid oil as needed
Salt, black pepper and turmeric as needed
How to prepare Adas Polo
- First, soak the rice in a bowl with some water, then put a suitable pot on the heat and pour a few glasses of water into the pot. Add the rice with some salt to the pot and let the rice boil for a few minutes.
- After some minutes rice should be rinsed and set aside . Soak the lentils in advance for two hours so that they cook more easily. Pour the lentils with a few glasses of water into a pot until completely cooked.
Then chop one of the onions and fry with some liquid oil in a pan to soften the onion, then add some turmeric and black pepper to the onion and continue frying until the onion is smooth with the spices.
- Then, after the lentils are fully cooked, add them to the pan containing the onions and fry them a little until the lentils and onions are smooth, then remove the pan from the heat and mix the lentils with the drained rice until they are completely smooth.
- In the next step, choose a suitable pot and pour some liquid oil into it. Put the pot on the heat to heat the oil, then use bread or sliced potatoes for the bottom of the pot.
- In the next step, pour the mixture of rice and lentils into the pot, then pour half a glass of water with 2 tablespoons of liquid oil on the rice and increase the heat until the rice starts to steam, then reduce the heat under the pot.
- Next, put a suitable pan on the heat and pour some liquid oil into it. After the oil is hot, chop the remaining onion and fry it in a pan.
- Once the onion is soft, add the minced meat with some turmeric and black pepper to the pan and fry until the minced meat is completely fried. Then add raisins to the pan and fry a little to soften.
- Brew a small amount of rice with saffron and mix the butter, after the lentils are completely brewed and ready, put it in the desired dish and grind it with saffron , raisins and meat and serve it.
Adas Polo with chicken
Adas Polo is one of those foods that is made very easily. Raisins and dates are usually served in this food but instead of using meat, you can use chicken, which has a different and of course delicious taste.
How to prepare
The method of preparing this is like Adas Polo with meat , with the difference that instead of minced meat, chicken is used.
Adas Polo is one of the types of food that in addition to having a good and delicious taste, also has many properties for the body as well as the brain and is very simple to prepare.