Best lesser-known museums in Tehran
ِDespite the fact that Tehran is known among people for its tall buildings and modern faces, but behind these tall towers there are all kinds of museums, palaces, museum gardens and valuable heritages of art each of which recounts the past history of Tehran, the capital with 224 years old in Iran.
The city of Tehran has many attractive and spectacular places. If you have ever looked at Tehran as an industrial city without historical and cultural and artistic attractions, reading this article of Chiyakotravel will change your mind completely. Tehran art Places is a great opportunity for artists and enthusiasts of Iranian history, culture and art to explore and spend their free time. Tehran is one of the most important tourist cities in Iran with its many sights and tourist attractions. If you are interested in history and culture of Iran, in this article we will review and introduce the most important artistic places in Tehran.
If you are looking for a different museum tour in Tehran, we offer you one of the top museums in Iran, the Glass and Pottery Museum of Tehran, a museum that has a unique collection of pottery and glass in Iran. This museum, which was set up in the house of Ghavam Al-Saltanah, is one of the famous attractions of Tehran, especially among foreign tourists. Join chiyakotravel to tell you about the history and architecture of the Museum of Glass and Pottery, learn about what you are going to see in this museum, learn about the ticket price of the Museum of Glass and get new information on many touristic aspects of this place.
Why Tehran Glass and Pottery Museum?
- It is one of the top ten museums in Iran and is visited by about 2 million tourists every year.
- The Glass Museum is located in the historical and food street of 30 Tir Street in Tehran.
- The mansion where the Museum of Glass is located is one of the most spectacular houses in Tehran and its brickwork is one of the excellent examples of brickwork in historical houses.
- In this museum, you will see valuable artifacts that have been discovered from the Tchoghaznabil temple and their history dates back to the second millennium BC.
Familiarity with the Museum of Glass and Pottery of Iran
One of the most popular museums in Tehran is the “Museum of Iranian Glass and Pottery” which many people know it by its short name, the Museum of Glass; A place to display valuable glass and pottery that have been discovered and used from ancient times to the present day. This museum was built in a beautiful and historical building belonging to the early Pahlavi regime in a garden with an area of 7,000 square meters on 30 Tir Street in Tehran; A magnificent octagonal house built by order of Ahmad Ghavam, one of Iran’s politicians and prime ministers, and soon used as an embassy for Egypt and Afghanistan. In 1975, Ghavam House which is like an attractive museum of architecture and art, was sold to Farah Pahlavi’s office and turned into a museum. Four years later, the museum was officially opened and its house and garden were included in the list of national heritage works of Iran in 1998, number 2014. Today, the Museum of Glass and Pottery of Iran operates under the auspices of the Cultural Heritage, Handicrafts and Tourism Organization and its management is currently the responsibility of Ms. Farzaneh Ghaeni.
2-Carpet museum of Iran
Iranian Carpet Museum is one of the museums in Tehran that has a spectacular treasure and some people know it as Tehran Carpet Museum. In the following, we will talk to you about the heritages, and architecture of Iranian Carpet Museum and take a look at attractive features of this museum. We also provide you with the address, visiting time and ticket price of Tehran Carpet Museum.
Why Iranian Carpet Museum?
- You will see a unique treasure of Iranian carpets in this museum and you will get acquainted with expert carpet weaving artists.
- You have the opportunity to see the carpet museum building which is one of the masterpieces of contemporary architecture.
- The most valuable examples of Iranian carpets from the ninth century AH to the contemporary period are displayed in this museum.
- The proximity of this museum to Laleh Park gives you the opportunity to have a tour of park after visiting the museum.
Introduction to the Iranian Carpet Museum
The Iranian Carpet Museum is a valuable treasure in the city of Tehran which contains very valuable and exquisite carpets and rugs from various artists from the ninth century AH to the contemporary period. It is interesting to know that this museum is one of the attractions of foreign tourists and they usually include it in their visit plan during their trip to the capital.
It was in 1340 that the building of carpet gallery in Tehran was left half-finished and was only abandoned for 15 years. In early 1976, the carpet museum was built on the site of the same building, by order of Farah Pahlavi, and after repairs and other construction, its doors were opened to interested people on February 13, 1987. This museum was formed to provide a suitable space for research on history and historical quality of carpet art and industry, especially Iranian carpets.
3-Reza Abbasi museum
We go to a museum tour in the capital and visit Reza Abbasi Museum in Tehran which has a valuable treasure. We talk about the history of this museum and have a look at heritages of Reza Abbasi Museum. Be with us to know where the Reza Abbasi Museum is and at what hours and at what cost you can visit it.
Why Reza Abbasi Museum in Tehran?
- It is a small example of the Museum of Ancient Iran and is known as the Museum of Ancient Iran.
- It is one of the most important and famous museums in Tehran and even Iran.
- You will see works from the second millennium BC to the end of the Qajar period in this museum.
- You can see the works in chronological order in the museum and you can easily watch the evolution of art, civilization and culture in Iran.
- A valuable treasure of calligraphy and painting is kept in this museum.
Introduction to Reza Abbasi Museum
Reza Abbasi Museum is a valuable treasure in the heart of the capital which contains works from the second millennium BC to the end of the Qajar period and takes you on an fascinating journey through history. This museum is named after famous Kashani painter in Safavid period, Reza Abbasi Kashani Museum or Reza Abbasi Museum for short. Due to the existence of various historical objects from pre-Islamic and Islamic periods, this museum is called small ancient Iran and is highly valued. Ancient Iran is the name of one of the two buildings of National Museum of Iran, the most important museum and the Mother Museum of Iran, which is located in Tehran.
4- Negarestan museum garden
In this part, we intend to introduce the garden of Negarestan Museum, one of the most beautiful museums in Tehran. This beautiful garden becomes very spectacular, especially in spring, and its atmosphere takes you back many years ago. If you want to know where Bagh-e Negarestan of Tehran is and get more information about the architecture of Bagh-e Negarestan, join us.
Why the garden of Tehran Gallery Museum?
- The architecture of the building and design of the green space of this garden are very pleasant and revives the atmosphere of old Tehran for you.
- In this museum garden, valuable works such as the paintings of Master Kamal Al-Molk and his followers, exquisite works donated by great artists and the works of Iranian artist, Munir Farmanfarmayian, are exhibited.
- In the gallery of Negarestan, there is a cafe and restaurant with a very beautiful design where you can spend a good time.
- Famous and great people such as Malek al-Shoara Bahar, Badi-ul-Zaman Forouzanfar, Saeed Nafisi, Professor Mohammad Ibrahim Parizi Bastani, etc. have studied at Daneshsara (the old name of Bagh Negarestan).
- Negarestan Museum Garden is a hangout for photographers, especially in spring and autumn, due to its good green space design and beautiful architecture.
- The famous oil painting of line of Salam from Fath Ali Shah Qajar and his courtiers is kept in this museum garden.
Familiarity with the garden of Tehran Gallery Museum
We are going to Baharestan Square in Tehran to get acquainted with one of the beautiful museums in the capital, the Negarestan Museum Garden. This garden and the mansions inside it were built between 1222 and 1228 AH by the order of Fath Ali Shah Qajar, but now nothing is left of its old buildings. The building you see today in Bagh-e Negarestan which was built during Pahlavi period with 64 rooms and 4 large halls. This building now continues to function as a museum and displays the works of Iranian artists and masters in different sections. Among these sections, we can mention Kamal-ol-Molk School Museum and Munir Farmanfarmayian Hall. The garden of Negarestan Museum is owned by the University of Tehran and is numbered 2082 in the list of national monuments of Iran.
5- Iranian art museum garden | Little Iran in Shemiran
How would you feel if you were invited on a tour of Iran to visit most of Iran’s historical sites, albeit at a very low cost?!
Undoubtedly, you will be surprised and prepare for a memorable trip.
“A place that, along with the preservation and display of works of art, has a relaxing and refreshing atmosphere for visitors and makes it more relaxing and enjoyable is called the art Museum Garden.”
One of the attractions in the north of Tehran is the Garden of Iranian Art Museum which is located in Elahieh area with an area of about 1 hectare. This beautiful garden was built in 1310 as a personal residence of General Amira Ahmadi’s wife and after the revolution, it became a public park. Of course, between 2005 and 2007, renovations were made in this garden and finally, it was opened to the public as a museum garden.
In the grounds of the collection, there are models of important attractions of our country, models that are known as one of the main attractions of the Iranian Art Museum Garden. Many of these works were made in Italy to celebrate the 2500th anniversary. In addition to these replicas, volumetric works by contemporary Iranian artists can also be seen in the complex. In addition, there are several handicraft stalls and art workshops on site, and the café-restaurant here provides you with the opportunity to explore.
Finally, it is necessary to mention the mansion that is located in the middle of this museum garden. This mansion, which used to be the residence of the general and his wife, has no special use at the moment and it is not possible to visit its interior. The name of “Pardis Gallery” can be seen on this mansion; A gallery with lights always off!
Today, this garden with different forms and exhibitions and models of ancient Iran until now, is a good place to know the land of Iran in a short time with the least cost.